Invisalign is a way to straighten crooked teeth without the traditional metal bars and brackets of braces. This modern, revolutionary approach uses custom-made aligner trays that gradually shift your teeth into place. This comfortable, clear, and discreet method moves your teeth over time without the pain of traditional braces. Every two weeks, you replace your aligner trays with new ones until your treatment is complete and you’re left with a beautiful, confident smile.
The Treatment Process
After your dentists finds that you are a good candidate for Invisalign, you will have x-rays and impressions of your teeth made. From these x-rays and impressions a digital 3-D image is made allowing your dentist the ability to map out a treatment plan for the movement of your teeth. From these 3-D images, your custom-made aligner trays are made specifically for you. You wear them throughout the day and night, removing them only to eat and clean your teeth. Over time, the aligner trays gradually move your teeth into position.
Approximately every two weeks your aligner trays are replaced, advancing you to the next stage of treatment. Every six to eight weeks you will have checkups with your dentist to monitor the results. The length of treatment varies, but usually lasts up to a year.
- • The aligner trays are removable so you can easily eat without the limitations of traditional braces.
- • Invisalign is discreet. The trays are nearly invisible so most people won’t even know you’re wearing them!
- • You can easily remove the aligner trays to clean them and your teeth. Maintaining good oral hygiene is easy!
- • The aligner trays are smooth and comfortable with little to no irritation. You won’t get that with braces!
- • You’ll get the same beautiful, confident smile without the embarrassment of wearing metal braces!